Tuesday 17 November 2009

Meteor Shower~

Yeah.It is Meteor Shower not Meteor Garden! =p
From a link my friend sent it yesterday, i found out about this Leonids Meteor Shower.

"Every year, on November 17th and 18th, the Earth passed close to the trails of cometry debris from Comet Temple-Tuttle which produce the annual Leonid Meteor shower. The wonderful image shows one of the 2001 Leonids burning up in the atmosphere as it crossed the constellation of Orion. The really good thing this year is that this corresponds to New Moon, so there will be no moonlight to hide the fainter meteors! The dust particles that are swept up by the Earth are released as Comet Temple-Tuttle rounds the Sun every 33 years. As implied by the name, the radiant of the shower - from where the meteors appear to radiate from - lies within the head or Sickel of the constellation Leo the Lion. The peak activity is expected to be around 21:50 on the night of the 17th when the rate might easily exceed 100 metors per hour. If clear this is really well worth looking out for!"
(taken from http://www.jodrellbank.manchester.ac.uk/astronomy/nightsky/)

and I am going to watch it tonight!!!!This will be the first time I watch Meteor.^^
I really hope that the sky today will not be too cloudy or foggy~Please pray for me.(Don't disappoint me.Plz my dear blue sky~)
I will be going to Platts Field Park, Fallowfield to watch it, to make a wish, n to take as many photos as I can!(hopefully I can watch it)

I will upload photos of the meteor shower if I manage to watch it.

All the best to me.=)

2 comments:

双子流星 said...

The friend who sent u the link is Kxxxx!! Hehe~ Remember to make a wish b4 u take the photo~ Or else, u won have time=)

JH said...

i juz pray that the sky wont be too cloudy or foggy but i forgot to pray that it wont be raining too...